Outfit Gurus app – App development for picking the perfect outfit
A new app, the Outfit Gurus has been published by the Swiss App Developer Swiss Tomato. Is this going to be the new big hit among young girls and women?
Do you remember the movie ‘Clueless’? Although it came out more than 20 years ago, the program that helped Cher, the protagonist choose outfits from her closet is still many girls’ dream. If you are not familiar, she had the pictures of all her clothes uploaded onto her computer, she could browse through the different outfit options, and then virtually try on the outfit she chose. How easy that makes dressing up? And now, there is an app, that is quite similar to Cher’s, and is probably even more useful – I am talking about Outfit Gurus (available for Android and iOS).
This app eliminates the struggle we all experience when we have a big event coming up, and we are standing in front of our closet being “clueless” (see what I did there), unable to decide what to wear. How it works? First, you upload the pictures of your clothes into the Outfit Gurus app, the more the better, although I would suggest uploading only those, that you would actually wear.
Then when you have an event coming up, you enter the type of occasion you are attending (for example a date, work event, wedding, party, interview, birthday) and also the date and the location (based on these the app tells you the weather forecast for that day, which can be a big help, especially if the event is outdoors).
If you have some outfit ideas, you can post them, and other users can vote for the best, or you can just let the other fashion advisers put together outfits for you by browsing through your closet. If you are satisfied with the outfit that got the most votes, you click on ‘Wore it’, and just like that, the decision is made for you.
The advantages of Outfit Gurus for the user:
- They receive suggestions from many people around the globe, who literally pick the outfit for them
- It helps with cataloguing their closet (no more forgetting about some great items at the bottom of the shelves), no physical digging through their wardrobe needed.
- Their virtual closet is separated into categories (tops, coats, shoes, etc.), giving a wonderfully organized overview.
- Users can put together outfits, and have them ready for themselves, when they need some ideas.
- They get badges for helping others, if they feel like they have a great fashion sense to become a fashion Advisor. They can give advice and collect Wore Its. Depending on how many Wore Its they have either a bronze, silver or gold star will feature by their name. If they make enough recommendations, they may even get a diamond.
The advantages of the app for marketing and advertising purposes:
- The target market of the app are fashion-conscious men and women between 14 and 40, and there are many advertising and co-operation opportunities in the app for brands, who want to target this segment of the market.
- Professional stylists of brands can be added to the app, and can give advice how to make an outfit from the existing clothes of the users, or how to combine the pieces in their wardrobe with some pieces from the brand she/he is working for. This is a great advertising opportunity for brands while still giving value to the users, who can buy the items/go to the website of the brand with just one click.
- Retail stores and brands selling clothing/shoes/accessories can also appear in the feed of the app with their own outfit ideas for each occasion, giving some ideas for the users, and creating an opportunity for them to buy their products.
- When the users click on “Need advice”, and enter the type of occasion they are attending, they could get a personalized outfit idea from the brand that partnered with the app, this way the app would got them covered even if they feel like they have ‘nothing to wear’ in their own closet.
Interested in partnering with Outfit Gurus? Contact us by email at email@example.com.