App downloads are still going strong, stronger than ever, in fact, according to the article of App Annie, App Store and Google Play downloads have reached a new height in the third quarter of 2017.
What else did they find inspecting these past months?
- iOS and Android downloads altogether reached an outstanding number of 26 billion, which only includes new app installs
- The consumer spending on iOS and Android apps reached $ 17 billion
- Android users spent 325 billion hours using apps in Q3 2017
- Google Play still has more downloads than iOS, and the gap is growing thanks to the first-time smartphone buyers of the emerging markets
- India, Vietnam and Indonesia were the biggest contributors to the high download rate from Google Play
- The highest download rates for iOS were coming from China, the US and Saudi Arabia
- Consumer spend on apps is still led by iOS users, it reached almost double of the money spent in Google Play, China and South Korea stand out with their users’ spending on apps
- Users are spending their money mainly on entertainment apps both for iOS and Android
- Video streaming apps are the leaders for both platforms, as users consume more and more content on their smartphones
These figures show, that the market of apps is not slowing down anytime soon, consumer spend and download levels are steadily increasing, which means that it is worth investing in quality apps, and your business should be present on the app market if it’s not already.